Welcome to our journey

Mark and I would like to thank you for visiting our blog. As we begin our journey towards parenthood we wanted to share our experiences with friends and family. I hope you enjoy following our journey of becoming a family.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Random Updates

The big news...my anatomy scan is scheduled for Monday, October 31st.  We are hoping little Blue Bean will cooperate and reveal his/her gender.  I am such a planner and this not knowing is driving me crazy. 

Some good news...the morning sickness seems to be fading away.  I am almost completely off the Zofran and hoping it will all be a distant memory soon.

Not so good news...the migraines have become almost daily at this point.  My OB gave me a new medicine to get rid of the migraines but decided to send me to the neurologist to see if there was another way to attack the migraines.  So after a very thorough neurological exam, the neurologist suggested using a preventative daily medication.  After getting approval from my OB and the Fetal-Maternal doctor, I am hoping by Monday that the headaches will also be a distant memory.  The doctors did decide to schedule an additional growth ultrasound at 32 weeks just to be on the safe side.  I welcome any extra ultrasounds!

Lucky news...last weekend Mark and I went to the Babies R Us Registry event.  It was pretty blah but got some free stuff and signed up for a raffle.  Got a call later that evening that I had won the raffle.  I won this really cute diaper wreath complete with Avent bottles and pacifiers. 

Happy news...our friends Joe and Julie Geniec dreams of becoming parents have come true as they have been united with their adoptive daughter, Lauren in China.  We are very happy and excited for all of them.  We wish them safe travels in China and as they return home.

Ongoing news...Mark has been hard at work looking for employment.  We appreciate all those who have passed along opportunities and provided suggestions.  Mark had two interviews this week and we are thinking positive thoughts that an opportunity will come his way soon.

Let the countdown continue...18 weeks and 2 days

No comments:

Post a Comment