Welcome to our journey

Mark and I would like to thank you for visiting our blog. As we begin our journey towards parenthood we wanted to share our experiences with friends and family. I hope you enjoy following our journey of becoming a family.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

One Year Ago...

One year ago this week, I had a follow up appointment with my endocrinologist to review the routine test results he had ordered a month earlier.  It was at this appointment that the endocrinologist told me my ovaries were failing.  The doctor felt really bad that he just blurted it out after he realized I didn't have any children and that I was hoping to have children.  At the end of the appointment he told me, "you prove me wrong, next December come back waddling off that elevator pregnant."   Since I suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) I have always known it might be difficult to conceive and add to that failing ovaries and I felt my chances of conceiving were low. 

On Monday, I return to the endocrinologist and I can't wait to see the doctor and show that I did just as he asked...I proved him wrong.  I will be waddling off that elevator with a big smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment