Welcome to our journey

Mark and I would like to thank you for visiting our blog. As we begin our journey towards parenthood we wanted to share our experiences with friends and family. I hope you enjoy following our journey of becoming a family.

Friday, September 2, 2011

All Day Sickness

Forget morning sickness, I have been battling all DAY sickness for the last 4 weeks.  Until today this week as been pretty tolerable and then it all came rushing it back this morning.  So I am hoping today is the exception and I am moving past the days of nausea and vomiting.

Through the last 4 weeks I feel like I have tried it all!  I am thankful for the nurse Terri at the OB's office who responded to all my questions and gave me so many different things to try.  For me it seems like constantly eating, so my stomach never gets empty, and drinking either ice tea flavored with lemon or lemonade seem to keep me feeling somewhat human.

I must say that Mark has been amazing through this very difficult time.  I can't remember the last time I actually cooked a meal or did the dishes.  He gets up in the morning and encourages me to push through the difficult times.  He brings me my morning ice tea and packs me lunch for work while I get ready.  When he gets home from work at night he cleans up the kitchen makes sure there are no smelly odors.  He even irons my clothes and sets out outfits for me.  I think I might be the best taken care of pregnant wife, check that I know I am!  I know he will take care of our little one just as well as he takes care of me.  I am one lucky lady.

I will be without my wonderful husband for 2 weeks starting on Sunday.  He is heading back up to Wisconsin on a special security detail for Lockheed.  It is such a great opportunity for him, it is just too good for him to pass up.  I am lucky that while he is gone that I will have other family and friends to look after me.  Mom already asked for a list of meals I would like her to make for dinner.  Trust me I am looking forward to the days when I want to cook again but it is very nice to have others step in when I can't stomach it.



No comments:

Post a Comment