Welcome to our journey

Mark and I would like to thank you for visiting our blog. As we begin our journey towards parenthood we wanted to share our experiences with friends and family. I hope you enjoy following our journey of becoming a family.

Friday, September 9, 2011

Cravings

I have to say I have had my share of cravings over these last 12 weeks.  My first craving was for steak-ums.  Trust me I am so over this now but for about 4 weeks I was in steak-um heaven.  I probably hadn't had one in about 10 years so I thought it was a weird craving.

My second craving was for all things toasted.  Ran into a small problem, we didn't own a toaster so I had to go out and buy one.  So armed with my new toaster, off I went to the store to buy toasting material.  I got waffles, cinnamon bagels and white bread (for peanut butter toast).  Waffles have become my got to carb when I am feeling nauseous.  I have discovered that waffles are one of the foods you shouldn't buy generic stick with the Eggos at least when you are trying to please a pregnant lady.

My most recent craving has been for things lemon/lime flavored.  I found myself ordering lemonade all the time at restaurants.  And then I realized that drinking lemonade or ice tea with lemon helped with the nausea.  We now have fridge packed with lemonade and ice tea to keep me happy.  I have moved beyond beverages to other things flavored lemon/lime.  Let's see key lime pie, key lime pie ice cream, lemon cake, and lemon bars.

I will be interested to see what other cravings pop up throughout my pregnancy.  Mark has promised no matter the craving he will make a late night trip to the grocery store whenever needed.  For some reason he believes that all of a sudden I will develop a love of hot dogs (which I can't stand).  I can guarantee this won't happen, I can't even stand the smell of hot dogs.

2 comments:

  1. I think you might get that hot dog craving. I wonder what the over under is on this. Maybe you can put this as a new survey on the blog "Whether or not you will crave hot dogs"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Steak-Umm cravings all the time! I think this craving is universal- you don't have to be pregnant for it to happen.

    ReplyDelete